The present policy has the object of defining the manner in which data of visitors to the https://eu-renaissance.org site is processed by La République En Marche. Terms used have the following definitions:
- Newsletter Subscriber: denotes any Visitor providing the proper information to receive a newsletter from Renaissance. A Visitor may not become a Newsletter Subscriber unless they support the Tribune;
- DPO: denotes the Data Protection Officer in charge of advising and controlling the data controller regarding the protection of personal data;
- Personal Data: denotes all information which enables a natural person to be directly or indirectly identified;
- Site: denotes the site available at the address https://eu-renaissance.org;
- Supporter: denotes any person over sixteen (16) years of age browsing and using the Site and having supported the Tribune;
- Processing of personal data: any operation dealing with the Personal Data, whatever the process used, such as the collection or recording of data;
- Tribune: section published on the Website intended for the collection of ideas and messages within the framework of the European election campaign;
- Visitor: denotes any person who browses and uses the Site without necessarily supporting the Tribune.
1. Methods of collection of data of a personal nature
Information collected via the Site is recorded in a data file by La République En Marche. Data of a personal nature concerning you will be processed for the following purposes:
- The provision of Site content;
- The instruction of any request made by Visitors/Supporters;
- Statistical evaluation of visits to the Site;
- The management of supporters of the Tribune;
- Sending a letter of information concerning news for Renaissance, the Tribune and/or European elections;
- The management of communication operations for La République En Marche concerning the Renaissance project, the Tribune and European elections, whether or not the methods are used during the electoral period or not;
- The management of electoral prospection operations of La République en Marche linked to project Renaissance and to the Tribune.
2. Processing and storage of data of a personal nature
La République En Marche is likely to work with technical service providers for data analysis purposes.
Some of the providers of La République En Marche can have activities in countries located outside of the European Union.
Committed to protecting the privacy of our Visitors/Supporters, La République En Marche makes sure the level of data protection they provide complies with existing regulations, notably by verifying that the data’s destination country displays an adequate level of protection in accordance with the existing regulation, such as the United States of America that insure a sufficient level of protection regarding personal data through the Privacy Shield. For further information concerning the management of cross-border flows, you can reach out to the DPO at the following address [email protected].
2.2 Storage of personal data
La République En Marche shall store personal data relating to Visitors/Supporters for the duration which is strictly necessary for carrying out processing aims, unless the Visitor/Supporter has not authorised La République En Marche to store their data for future use.
The duration of the conservation of data by La République En Marche varies according to the purposes of processing carried out:
- Personal data relating to Supporters of the Tribune are stored for the full duration of publication of the Tribune on the Site and for the full duration of the European election campaign, and following this for a duration of six months after voting or after the closure of access to the Tribune by the Supporters;
- Personal data from Newsletter Subscribers which have consented to the reception of informational letters from Renaissance will be stored until the retraction of consent by the Newsletter Subscriber or the use of their right to retraction.
3. Your rights
In accordance with valid legislation, you have the right to opposition and limitation of processing for Personal Data concerning you, as well as the right to access, correction, portability and deletion of your Personal Data.
You also have the ability to give instructions to La République En Marche concerning the use of your Personal Data following your death.
Exercising rights of opposition and deletion as well as the right to the limitation of processing is subject to conditions and may be refused by La République En Marche where the requests for exercising these rights do not correspond with the situations provided for by regulations regarding Personal Data.
Each time the treatment of Personal Data is implemented on the basis of your consent, you may retract your consent at any moment by informing La République En Marche at the address [email protected].
You may exercise your rights by contacting us with your request accompanied by a copy of your identification document (passport, identity card) at the following address: [email protected].
The processing of such a request will be carried out within the best possible timeframes, at the latest within a period of three (3) months counting from your request. If La République En Marche does not fulfil your request, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the French National Data Protection Committee (CNIL).
La République En Marche has designated Cabinet Jacob Avocats as Data Protection Officer (DPO) to the French National Data Protection Committee (CNIL). For any question relating to the involvement of La République En Marche concerning the protection of your data, or for any complaint, you may contact the DPO at the following address: [email protected].
In the case of contradiction between versions of the present Policy, only the French version shall prevail.